Sunday, August 14, 2016

Olé

Written on August 8th:

Dear Family and friends,
This week was a good one. At the top of the list of why I’m so happy is because I discovered the recipe of how to make delicious homemade tortillas! (I’m sure Francesca is laughing right now, as I’m sure she knows it’s not an overly complicated ordeal). I made tacos from scratch for the district today with homemade guacamole. Que coisa bem boa! (What awesomeness!) Everyone loved them! All the Brazilians marveled at how avocado can be used in salty and savory dishes, as here avocado is just used as a dessert.
Yesterday, Presidente and Sister Lousa paid ANOTHER visit to São Gabriel, but this time, it was to do a "House tour." We passed, haha. It’s always very nice to have the President and Sister in town.
They even went with us to another family home evening! We brought along with us a family we had found on the street that day! Turns out, that family consists of a recent convert's dad, stepmom, and halfsiblings. It was a great experience.
This week, we had an unfortunate call from Silvana. She said that she knew that the church was true, and that the Book of Mormon is true, but that her husband has been going nuts on her, not letting her even hear from us anymore. I'm saddened when stuff like this happens, but there’s always hope for the future.
Hey I’ll tell you guys more details on Sunday! Love you all! Be prepping your lists of stuff to ask me!
Com Amor,
Elder Wassom

No comments:

Post a Comment