Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy to be with my awesome companion

Dear Family and Friends,
I had to skim my letters from you guys yet again, as the Cyber Cafe is different, and doesn’t print things out. I’m looking forward to having things get back to normal. But the surprise with Daylen must’ve been super cool! I got teary-eyed just Reid-ing about it! Maybe that’s cuz I’m a missionary, and that’s a pretty trunky thing to be hearing about.
So my comp is awesome. He’s from Tocantins, in the north-middle of Brazil. He had been living in São Paulo, where he heard the good news and became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. 1 year, 8 months later, he left on a mission. He's 24 years old, and super cool. His accent's pretty cool. He’s got a little over a year on the mission.
Once more, my time is a little short, and I’m sure you’re sick of hearing that. SO. Sorry. I wish I could tell yall everything.
Santa Maria is a 6 hour trip from Alegrete, so we showed up there at around 9 that night. We had a rough night’s sleep, as all the ZLs were sleeping in the same house. As for me, we had to put two twin sized beds together and share those two beds with 3 missionaries - Me, Elder Santos Melo (Baiano grandão) and Elder Araújo, (Elder Anfuso's new comp) I slept on the crack of the two beds, and that was fairly uncomfortable. We had a fairly good meeting, I learned some stuff on how to be a positive influence to the members.
To the members of the church out there reading this - Remember Doctrine and Covenants 84. The Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood. If you magnify your calling, you receive all that God has. Missionary work is part of your calling as a member of the church.
To the nonmembers out there - The church is true. Learn about the church. Read the Book of Mormon. Pray to find out if it really was written by ancient prophets. I promise that yall will find out that it really was. Then repent, decide to follow Christ, and be baptized. It’s the best decision you’ll make in your life.
Our week, in and of itself was so-so. To our big surprise, Ivo dropped us. That was really tough. Basically, he was overcomplicating everything. Thinking that God is who we want Him to be, and believing in what we want to. I will quote him to sum up: "The Church is true to those who want it to be." People, if you find yourself in the same mind-frame as Ivo, I beg you to reconsider. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is a person. An actual being... not an object of our imagination that simply guides us to do good things. He has one way to get back to Him - Jesus Christ. The more you read the scriptures, pray, and go to church, the more you realize this fact.
We bore him this testimony, and left.
Mirian and Zenira went to church, and J went fishing. But yesterday, we went to Mirians house, and taught her the things she can do to influence her husband, and the spirit was strong. Zenira and Mirian have strong testimonies.
Well. I have to go. Sorry again for the short letter.
I love you all. I love this work, and it will go on like a stone cut without hands.
Com Amor,
Elder Wassom
This is a picture of my companion, Elder Lailson Silva. Sorry it's so dark.

Getting ready for Daniel's baptism last week:
And a few other:

No comments:

Post a Comment