Monday, August 17, 2015

Fico‏

Fico, translated in English, means "I stay."
So, gente, I stay here in Ijui. I’m pretty thrilled to be staying here with Elder Sena for another 6 weeks. Actually, all 6 Elders in Ijuí are staying this transfer. We remain a dynamic 6.
Staying here also means that, yes, I will be here for Marrone+Diessica's wedding and baptism. Yippee! Eba!
We started off the week with a bang, and worked really well throughout the week, teaching a lot of lessons and making a lot of progress.
One day, Elder Jordan Peterson and Elder Jawaad were caught on the road speaking English to each other. This sparked a conversation between them and a stander by. Unknown to them at the time, that stander by was the head honcho of the local radio station, and told them to return the next day to be interviewed. They did, and we other 4 elders listened in. The interview was a little awkward, but went off alright. During the interview, the interviewer told Elder Jawaad that he very much resembled Mr. Bean. We razzed him a bit for that.
We had a "high score" of 11 investigators at Sacrament Meeting this Sunday. It was a good Sunday to have them all there, as the talks were all super fantastic. We also sustained our new Elder's Quorum President, who is quite the fireball and helps us out a lot. Speaking of which, he went with us to Tainã's family, and we had a super awesome lesson. Andrea even said the closing prayer for the first time in 4 years that the missionaries had been teaching that family. They’re super close to baptism.
We went to the recovery center to visit Irmã Marissa, whose depression rose very high. She is doing much better now, and is smiling a lot. She was happy to see us there.
The work is hard. Stressful. Probably too much for any normal late teenager. Good thing I'm not so normal - I’m ordained, blessed, and set apart by God to be His servant. But that being said, it’s still pretty hard physically, emotionally, and mentally. So why am I so happy, might you ask? A verse in my daily reading caught my attention this week. "O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in His Condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in such mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in sorrow[?]" (2Nephi 4:26) Like I’ve said several times in the past, I have the privilege to watch as people change their lives for the better, proportional to their faith in Christ that they decide to exercise. It’s super cool.
I love you all. I love this work and this people.
Com Amor,
Elder Wassom
PS sorry the letter is short, I was too busy worrying myself to death that my SD card had broken.
PPS but it didn’t. It was just my imagination.
I finally bought another thingamajig. It initially gave me a scare, as it looked like it, too, did not read my card, nevertheless, I realized that it was simply my lack of pushing-it-in-far-enough.

From the minute-to win it father-son activity 1 1/2 weeks ago:

Just having fun:

I found it very funny the "Dad, you are D+" sign. It was meant to be an abbreviation for "demais", or, "Too Much", but ended up looking more like "slightly submediocre"

No comments:

Post a Comment