Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Uma semana quente‏

MONDAY, AUGUST 3rd, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
Yes, dad, quente does in fact mean hot. We are in the middle of winter here, but strangely we are having an average high of 85 degrees, and from the looks of it, it will stay that way for a bit. It’s very strange, and no-one knows why it’s this way. It is as if summer has started, but we're smack dab in the middle of winter.
Unfortunately, I don’t have too much cool news this week.
In respect to the missionary work, it was both bad and good. To give you an idea, the baptismal date for Nilza and Kauê fell back to at least the 15th, as they did not show up at church. I almost feel more comfortable with that, as there are some complications coming to our attention. Marrone got into a fight with a youth at our church, and didn’t show up at church the following day. I’m not overly concerned about that, as men don’t hold grudges very long. Daiane and Andrea showed up to church for the first time and liked it, I think. But then we got information regarding the two of them that might delay their baptism for a while...
But on the bright side, Luiz' Mother-in-law showed up again to church, and is right ready. Really close. Andrea and Natieli also went to church. We have plans to take the whole seminary and a cake over to their house to make friends with Natieli. Really, that’s all she really needs now. Helmutt, Roseane, and Gabriel also showed up to church, and liked it, as always. We've got some real prospects that are doing well, and coming to church.
I’m sorry, guys. This morning, I sat, making my list of things to write about, with a blank expression on my face. I have that same expression now.
Well, as missionaries do when they don’t know what to say, Ill bear my testimony. I know God lives, and is my father and He loves me. I know Jesus Christ lives, and is my Savior and Redeemer and also loves me. I know the Holy Ghost is real, sent by God, and helps me a lot. I know that the church is true, and is the same church that Christ had when He was ministering personally on the earth. I know we all have eternal potential, and the only way to reach that potential is through our faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ.
I love you all. I’m doing well. Short on words, but I’m doing great. 10 months in, and I’m still working with all I’ve got.
Com Amor,
Elder Wassom
Useless Portuguese Words of the Week-
Esgrima - Fencing (sport)
Estrias - Varicose Veins

No comments:

Post a Comment