Monday, August 24, 2015

Wedding :)‏

Dear family and friends,
This week was the Wedding of Marrone and Diessica. It went off very well, and more on that a little later.
This week started off with my very first "bad meal" here in Ijuí. Normally, I love all of our lunch appointments, especially here in Ijuí. Nevertheless, this marked a historical exception. We confirmed our appointment the night beforehand, however, the dear sister forgot over the 14 hours that passed. So she saw us and hurriedly "whipped up" a lunch for us. Rice, spaghetti noodles, Fried egg, and tomatoes. Sounds pretty good, right? Well, you know how in those cartoons, there’s sometimes an episode where the cat knocks something "extra" in the food while its cooking? Well, I’m pretty sure that happened with the salt and vegetable oil. It was sopping in oil, and covered in salt. The egg was undercooked, and the spaghetti was super out of date. After Elder Sena and I managed to down our meal, we had to rush to the nearest ice cream parlor to get the taste out of our mouths. It worked, however, it did not get the feeling out of our stomach.
To make a long story short, we both got pretty sick, and our week was off to a crappy start (Pun intended).
The following day, we headed off to the nearest Schirmann (Home Depot) to buy a new toilet seat. We arrived in the store, and stated our purpose to the nearest clerk. He grinned, and pointed us to a lady who greeted us nicely. I couldn’t help but notice her nametag. It said: "Isabel: Toilet Sales." That seems like an even worse position than that of Brian Regan's refrigerator salesman. I couldn’t help but think, as I read her tag, how happy I am to have worked at Albertsons. At least, as a cashier, I can say, "ooh, tomatoes and jalapeños, looks like you’re making salsa, huh?" Poor lady can't really do that effectively in her job.
So the wedding. It went over very well. The ward did a fantastic job, and Marrone and Diessica invited several non-members to the event. I was impressed with the modesty of Diéssica's dress. As Diéssica started walking down the aisle, Marrone started to cry. And when he started, I started. It hit me, at that moment in time, that the work in which I am involved is really paying off and affecting lives. People who I know and love are getting closer to Christ and to each other. I felt so... successful.
And they’re getting baptized this Saturday, whoop, whoop! We've got papers to fill, Jumpsuits to try on, Interviews to realize, and so on. I'm excited.
Guys, I’m running short on time, so I’m gonna let you guys know that I love yall. My heart goes out to Alyssa and Kaya Chambers and their family. My heart aches to hear the sad news. I'll keep yall in my prayers. God loves you, and trusts in you a lot.
Com Amor,
Elder Wassom

No comments:

Post a Comment